Terms and Conditions
Thank you for visiting our site. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this site.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.dokimi.co.uk is a site operated by Cydney Uffindell-Phillips trading as Dokimi.
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Conditions of Supply of Services
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update our Site from time to time, and may change the content in our Site at any time. Please note that any content on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Access to non-registered guest user content on our Site is available free of charge.
Access to registered user content on our Site is available subject to the terms of Conditions of Supply of Services.
We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Site.
Our Site is accessible by people residing in and outside of the United Kingdom but we do not represent that content available on or through our Site is appropriate or available in locations outside the United Kingdom.
YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
If you become a registered user on the Site and are provided with a user identification code, password or other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off, and download extracts, of any pages from our Site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of other within your organisation to content available on our Site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
The content on our Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely on. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any use (whether registered user or non-registered guest user) for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of or inability to use, our Site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Site.
If you are a business user (whether registered user or non-registered guest user), please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our Site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR SITE
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Site, or to make contact with other users of our Site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any content you upload to our Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of the Site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our Site.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our Site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
The views expressed by other users on our Site do not represent our views or values. We cannot be held responsible for any consequences of views expressed by other users on our Site. You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
RIGHTS YOU LICENCE
When you upload or post content to our Site, you grant the following licenses:
- Licence to Dokimi and the Site to use, access, copy, share, print and download your content; and
- Licence to other users of the Site or to third parties to use, access, copy, share, print and download your content.
We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our homepage and your own Site profile page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Our Site must not be framed on any other Site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Site other than the home page or your own Site profile page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- Any part of our Site;
- Any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- Any software used in the provision of our Site; or
- Any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Site, including, without limitation, internal Site messaging, email messaging, bulletin boards and posting reviews (“Interactive Services”).
Where we do provide any Interactive Service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used. We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any Interactive Services provided on our Site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service in light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any Interactive Service we provide on our Site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any Interactive Service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or note.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Site (“Contributions”) and to any Interactive Services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole. Contributions must:
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- Not contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Not contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Not promote sexually explicit material.
- Not promote violence.
- Not promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Not infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Not be likely to deceive any person.
- Not be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Not promote any illegal activity.
- Not be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Not be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Not be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Not give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Not advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting, material or content uploaded by you to our Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
CONDITIONS OF SUPPLY OF SERVICES
Our emails containing instructions and links to external pages will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order for services and become a member of our Site.
In the event that you find your purchase of our services and access to registered user areas of the Site does not meet the description of the services, you may in accordance with your legal right, cancel the Contract with us by emailing us at email@example.com. Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts from the date that your account and membership with our Site commences (which shall be confirmed by email to the address you provided upon registration) and ends 30 (thirty) days after the date of your confirmed registration as a member of our Site. Requests for cancellation of Contract will be processed no later than 14 days following your request for cancellation of Contract.
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to deliver, or delay in delivery of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an event outside of control. An event outside our control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks.
If any event outside our control takes places that affects the delivery of our obligations under a Contract, our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for delivery of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the event outside our control.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
Where our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by registered users or third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Thank you for visiting our Site.